Tri-City Area United Way has set a goal this year to raise $350,000 to help our neighbors in need. Often many of us are more likely to donate if we understand just how many ways United Way reaches out to help those in need. Tri-City Area Executive Director Jean Stegeman was recently a guest on our Thursday morning Public Affairs program, "Our Town". Click on the audio segments 1, 2 and 3 below to hear her response to these frequently asked questions:
- What does United Way do in our Area?
- How does United Way differ from city to city?
- Who are your partner agencies?
- Can you elaborate on the partner agencies?
- What type of impact do you make in the community?
- What are your “in house” programs?
- What is your campaign goal this year?
- How are the decisions made as to how the proceeds from a campaign are spent?
- How does another nonprofit apply for a United Way grant?
- How much does Tri-City Area United Way spend on overhead?
- Do you pay fees to United Way Worldwide?
- Why should I give to TCAUW?
- Are dollars the only thing TCAUW needs from the community?
- Is there a guideline for how much to contribute?
Hear Jean Stegeman's informative "Our Town" radio interview by clicking the 3 program segments below.